Aug 2, 2012

Fearless by Brigid Kemmerer Review

Fearless by Brigid Kemmerer
(Elementals, #1.5)
Release Date: July 31, 2012
Publisher: K-Teen
Being a force of nature doesn’t keep you safe.

Hunter Garrity is used to watching his back. The kids at school sense something different about him. And they’re right.

Hunter has powers that have nothing to do with how hard he can throw a punch.

Maybe that’s what Clare Kasten is picking up. She’s shy, quiet, and intense, but she’s sought him out. There’s no telling what she wants from him.

But Hunter knows enough to sense a secret when it’s close. And getting close to Clare is a danger he’s ready to face…


Hunter isn't my favorite guy in this series, though I have to say after reading Spark he's certainly moved up but he's no Merrick brother, you know? So, I'm not sure how I'm going to do with an entire book devoted to him in Spirit but I guess this would give us a little teaser to what it's like. It was enjoyable. It shows a move vulnerable & weak Hunter which is amazing seeing as this story didn't take place too much before Storm.

It was nice to see his relationship with boy his father and his Uncle Jay. (I have to say I think I would really like his Uncle, he seemed like a great guy) I'm still iffy about his father and the way he see's things. Though, I'm not a fifth so I guess things are different for me. You can tell Hunter respects his dad immensly but sometimes, just like it is with every family, there's tension there.

Ah, to be used by the opposite sex, that's always something that stings, doesn't it? Hunter is approached by classmate, Clare, about guns. It throws him off but he shows her his father's gun collection, if you will, and he even shows her how to use a firearm but what he needs to figure out is if she really likes him or if she's only interested in his loaded gun.

It's a cute story. I like the insight in to what Hunter's family life used to look like before his father and Uncle were killed. It definitely gives you another look in to Hunter's head and I like that.

If you're a fan of Brigid Kemmerer's Elementals series than you should definitely check this out. Especially if you're a fan of Hunter. Obviously, you want to read Elemental & Storm before tackling Fearless but it's not necessary to read before Spark. (Obviously, since Spark isn't even out yet but they released Fearless) Go get this novella and be Fearless with Hunter!


1 comment:

  1. Paragraph three sounds so dirty, lol! But yeah, this one was good but not as attention-grabbing as all the other books. And Hunter's dad really bothered me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...