Apr 26, 2012

Book Review: Run Like Hell By Elena Andrews

Run Like Hell by Elena Andrews
Release Date: February 6, 2012
Publisher: Elena Andrews; 160 pages

What if the perfect party plans didn’t work out so perfectly?

In this young adult thriller, seventeen-year-old Morgan Butler’s parents are out of town and she's finally alone! She has a romantic night planned with her boyfriend after attending the party-of-the-year.

And her aunt is conveniently working late and will stop by the following day to check on her.

All her plans are falling into place. But on the way to the party, her car runs out of gas.

Stranded on a dark, desolate road with no money, no gas and a dead cell phone, Morgan makes a decision with dangerous consequences.

Now she must fight, claw, scratch and scream…and then run like hell to survive.

But will she get away?




The blurb for Run Like Hell grabbed me more than the cover did. The cover it’s cool, but something about the blurb really hooked me and I knew that this was going to be a book that I needed to read. Run Like Hell isn’t a YA paranormal story, but a really gripping YA story.

Before I had read this book, I browsed over a few reviews that people had left and some people didn’t seem to like the writing style of the author. I have to disagree with them. Although the beginning seemed to be choppy, I felt as a reader, this is how 17 yr olds talk and behave, their thoughts are very choppy and ADD like. I liked the style too because it is more along the lines of how I write, whenever that is.

Right away, this book starts off with action. You know as soon as Morgan’s car runs out of gas on the highway, it is not going to end well. Pretty young girl, stranded in a dark, secluded place. Yeah, not good. Now for me, when I read the blurb, I assumed the whole story would be about Morgan and her trying to escape. In a way it is, but I thought it would be the one situation, not multiple. This did not what so ever take anything away from how good this story is, for me it was a little bit of a bummer because I was thinking it was going to be about this big huge escape throughout the whole book. It was but it wasn’t, it’s hard to explain! Lol

This book definitely keeps you on your toes the entire time, and you do not want to put it down. You want to know what is happening at all times. If you are looking for a YA thriller, this is definitely the book for you! I look forward to reading more books from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...