Oct 26, 2011

Author Event: Meeting Julie Kagawa, Author of THE IRON FEY

Sana and I happened to be in Ohio at the right time on Friday, August 26 because we found out that Julie Kagawa was doing a book signing along with a few other local authors. We’re HUGE fans of the Iron Fey series and we couldn’t believe our luck. Unfortunately, all our books were sitting at our homes in Maryland & New Jersey but oh well, what’s another set?

Julie Kagawa was the special guest at this specific GIRLS TAKING OVER THE WORLD Discussion & Signing. The other authors, who were at every appearance were: Lara Zielin (Donut Days & The Implosion of Aggie Winchester), Rhonda Stapleton (Stupid Cupid, Flirting with Disaster & Pucker Up), Christine Johnson (Claire de Lune & Nocturne) and Saundra Mitchell (Shadowed Summer & The Vespertine).



You’re probably wondering what two girls from the East Coast were doing in Ohio (10 minutes away from this signing), right? Besides avoiding the impending Hurricane Irene? Well, we were there for a Twilight convention. I had a panel to speak on and it was a central point for all those included. But a lot of my friends came along, even two close friends from England. So it was bound to be a good weekend but going to this signing and getting the opportunity to meet Julie was amazing. Not only getting to meet her, but seeing these other authors whom I hadn’t heard of until this event. (I actually have Claire de Lune sitting on my ‘to-read’ shelf in my room. Very exciting now that I’ve seen the author)

If there’s one thing I love, its meeting new authors and finding out about new books that I know I’d enjoy. I have to say, out of the authors there, I’m most looking forward to Christine Johnson’s ‘Claire de Lune’ and eventually, ‘Nocturne’. I’m a werewolf girl, through and through, and to have a story about an all female werewolf pack – it’s definitely grabbed my interest.

After their discussion’s of their books and questions from the audience, they all had their separate tables for the book signings. (There weren’t a whole lot of people here and I pleasantly surprised to see so many older women in attendance at this signing. People don’t realize Young Adult books are not JUST for teens – plenty of women enjoy them. People should just be thankful so many people are turning to books to keep them entertained, not something less healthy or something where you don’t need to use your brain.) Sana & I were the first ones to approach Julie’s table and we had awhile to stand there and chat with her. I’m a bit shy when I actually meet someone in person. I talk to Julie all the time on twitter now & she’s probably wondering how I’m the same person who met her – because I never shut up on twitter. But, as many of you know, its one thing to talk to someone via the internet than it is in person. I’m a shy person, naturally so. . . but found out I was a Puck girl and recommended me to buy the audio book for SUMMER’S CROSSING. She was saying how perfect the guy was they got. . . and as such a Puck fan, the first thing I did when I got back to Maryland was find this audio book. Boy oh BOY was she right. Josh Hurley did an amazing job with this audio book (if you’ve read my review for SUMMER’S CROSSING, you’ll know how much I encourage you to buy this). She was very easy to talk to, very entertaining and just so down to earth. We asked for a photo after she was done and we ended up getting three, I especially love our last one. (I call the third one my “Why so serious?” pose…as I’m the only one NOT doing something goofy.)




You can follow Julie here on twitter, like her author page here on Facebook, check out her website here.

You can also check out our reviews (completed by Jessica) of her IRON FEY series: The Iron King, Winter's Passage, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, Summer's Crossing & The Iron Knight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...