Dec 8, 2012

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi Review

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
(Under the Never Sky, #2)
Release Date: January 8, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins; 352 pages
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.



Do you want to know what my favorite thing is about this book (besides the cover)? The relationships. Not just the relationship between Aria and Perry but like the relationship between Perry and the Six, Aria and Roar, Cinder and Willow, Perry and Reef, Perry and Roar and really, I could keep going. There are so many strong relationships throughout this book and it just makes my heart hurt.

I enjoyed this book a lot more than the first book, Under the Never Sky and I really enjoyed that book. Through the Ever Night I just could not put down. If you’re anything like me and happen to fall for the secondary characters a lot than you’ll absolutely fall head over heels in love with Roar. I am obsessed with him, like fan girling obsessed. You all can fight over Perry but step aside if you’re interested in Roar, he’s so mine! ;) Now don’t go bashing me because I’m not fighting for Perry because I do love him, a lot but he’s just not my cup of tea. He is perfect for Aria and they’re going to make beautiful, strong, intelligent, perfect little babies one day.

I love Perry and Roar’s relationship. They are the closest of friends; so in close, in fact that they are like brothers. To see guys like and respect each other as much as these two do, is heartwarming. They know each other better than any two people should and they know what they’re thinking or what they’re going to do next. You know what relationship I loved even more than this one, though? Roar and Aria. I do believe these two have the strongest relationship two can have of the opposite sex without making it more than friendship. They care about each other deeply (on a total platonic level), have mutual respect for the other and want to nothing more than keep the other safe. We get to see a lot of one on one time with Aria and Roar throughout this book and it put a big ole smile on my face.

Meanwhile, Perry had a lot of trouble to deal with on his own during Aria & Roar’s absence, including a female moving in on him. A beautiful female, at that. Not to mention, as Blood Lord, his people not trusting him or respecting him as they should.

I am having so much trouble putting how much I loved this book in to words. (Seriously, I’ve been attempting to write this review for a month now) There’s so much more of everything from the first book put in to this book. There’s so many journeys these characters take and so much heartbreaking things that happen. Of course, heartbreak is to be expected in any series but… *sigh* The third book is going to be epic. Absolutely epic and I cannot wait for this journey to continue. I am ready.

If you loved the first book, I have no doubts that you’ll fall even harder after finishing this book. If you haven’t read Under the Never Sky then I do believe you have some reading to do, my friend!

2 comments:

  1. I love Through the Ever Night too! I especially love the strong friendship between Roar and Aria; it was so well-done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. My absolute favorite aspect of the book was their friendship! Gah, I can't wait for more! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...