Dec 9, 2012

Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey Review

Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey
(Drake Chronicles, #6)
Release Date: January 8, 2013
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's; 496 pages
In the thrilling conclusion of the Drake Chronicles, love and loyalties will be tested ... and proven once and for all. Solange Drake has been officially crowned Queen of the Vampires, fulfilling the centuries old prophecy that foretold the rise to power of a daughter born to an ancient vampire line. Except Solange's thoughts and actions are no longer her own—she's been slowly being possessed by the spirit of Viola, the first daughter born into the Drake line, since her bloodchange. And instead of uniting the vampire tribes under the rule of an ancient daughter as the prophecy predicted, Viola would rather destroy them all and enslave humans in a personal vendetta for the devastation both wrought to her life centuries ago. Can Solange break her hold in time to save everyone she loves from a vampire civil war, hunter attack, and each other? Not everyone will survive the prophecy . . . perhaps not even her.


If you have NOT read the previous books in the DRAKE CHRONICLES please read with caution. There are some spoilers that were unavoidable. Proceed with caution . . .

*cries* It's over. It's all really over and I can't stomach it. This is one of my all time favorite series and I just can't bare to see it over. I could so envision two spin off series with the Drake Chronicles. One with Lucy and one with Solange. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws because I love these characters too much especially Lucy Hamilton. This girl is one of the most humorous characters I have come across. She is the type of girl everyone wants as a friend. Minus her being stubborn as hell but hey, it's a pacakged deal - I'd take it.

I have to say I am happy with how it ended though, like I said, just sad it's all over. I was looking at my goodreads the other day and realized I read half this series in 2012. The last three books were all devoured in 2012 while the first three I tackled in 2011. I haven't been on this journey as long as everyone else but it sure did end awfully fast. Though, I would be complaining if we had to wait longer too, so I guess it's a lose/lose situation.

This book was full of Lucy and Solange, just like how the series started with a few chapters of other characters. No chapters from Nicholas' point of view but we got plenty of him, which is a big deal for me. Lucy & Nicholas are one of my all time favorite couples, as well - so the more the merrier I'd be.

The first half of the book is filled with Solange and her trying to defeat Viola who has taken over control of her body. It's one of the first times we see just how strong Solange is and how much of a Drake she truly is. Her overly protective brothers were always fighting for her but this was her battle and her battle alone. Once that obstacle was out of the way there were many more shoved in her families face. All leading up to one huge, massive battle at the end. Hunters versus Huntsman versus Hosts versus vampires versus Hel-Blar. Oh man, what a battle is was.

When Drakes are involved in a battle, it's not just their asses they're worried about, those with girlfriends were worried about her safety along with his own. When you think about it, these guys are bloody amazing. To be as lethal as they are but as observant as they are...these girl are damn lucky to have them.

It's over and I'm gonna go off in to my hole and cry that there's no more adventures with Drake family and smart ass, Lucky Hamilton & Company. What a journey this has been and if you haven't hopped on the bandwagon, shame on you. Seriously, you are missing out on such a great family and such a great story. Alyxandra Harvey, you are definitely on my list of favorite authors. Anything you write, I will buy. Thank you for giving me such an amazing series as the Drake Chronicles. I will forever re-read this series.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...