Oct 7, 2012

Mark of the Princess by B.C. Morin Review

Mark of the Princess by B.C. Morin
(The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
Release Date: February 1, 2012
Publisher: B.C. Morin; 252 pages

The feisty and determined faerie Princess Alannah is many things, but she never thought she would be the key to her people’s destruction.

Kidnapped for a power she does not yet possess, Alannah finds herself in the clutches of the most malevolent sorcerer of her time. Maligo. Alannah escapes her prison with help from the handsome and stalwart warrior faerie, Brennus.

Now she must cross mountains and forests fraught with rogue faeries, vicious Fae-hating trolls, dangerous shape-shifters, and more to reach the only ones that can help her control her incoming powers. The Elder Faeries.

With Brennus by her side, Alannah is determined to reach the Elder Faeries and save her people. Maligo is just as determined she never makes it that far.



First of all I want to thank B.C. for sending us this book to read and review. This story had a lot of things that I enjoyed and some things that I didn't. First off, I am not a huge fan of love triangles. I didn't know there was one in this book, but as soon as we were introduced to Brennus, I knew right away there was going to be conflict. Let me just say though, I am full on Team Brennus. Nothing against Kaleb, but Brennus is just sexy! Just his personality alone makes him sexy. Okay so aside from the love triangle, for me the beginning of this book was a bit slow. Nothing bad, just took awhile to get into some more exciting parts.

Okay, onto the things that I enjoyed. I loved how this story was about Allanah but the story was also about her sister Evyette, and I really enjoyed that because we got to see things from others perspectives and understand what was happen to everyone in the story, not just Allanah and her POV. Primarily the story is about Allanah, but her sisters story doesn't take a back seat and I enjoyed that very much, because I really like both of the sisters. Once you get into the story a bit, it starts to get very exciting and you do not want to stop reading. Things happen to not just Allanah but Evyette too and Kaleb and Tristan. There are many perspectives covered and it helps to give the bigger picture. I also really loved the back story on Samil and The Mallafey's, it really helps you understand the dark history a bit better. When we finally meet Brennus, that is where the story really became interesting for me, he added so much to the story, and I caught y self giggling a few times at his arrogance.

I was a little disappointed by the ending. There was a cliffhanger, obviously, because there was just way too much of the story to tell in just one book, but I felt that is was kind of an uneventful ending. It is a great cliffhanger, and I am DYING to read the next book, I felt like most of the action was in the middle, and it seemed like a bland ending, I gues syou could say. Do not ge tmy wrong, I absolutely loved this book, I am hoping the next one is packed full of action and excitement, and I'm thinking probably some heartache? Whch I'm not looking forward to, but it has to happen with a love triangle!!

I am very excited to see what happens to Allanah, Brennus, Kaleb and Tristan, as well as see what Maligo is up to. Keep up the great work B.C., and I LOVE all the visual she has on her facebook page, be sure to check them out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...