Oct 10, 2012

Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey Review

Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey
(Witch Eyes, #2)
Release Date: October 8, 2012
Publisher: Flux; 395 pages
Demons don't die without a fight...

After destroying the demon Lucien, Braden—son of Belle Dam’s most powerful warlock, Jason Thorpe—doesn’t need the power of his witch eyes to see that everything in his life is turning against him: friends, family, and even his visions. When disturbing nightmares of Lucien’s return haunt him, Braden discovers that the simmering feud between the city’s two witch dynasties is fast approaching its explosive boiling point.

While struggling to come to terms with his attraction to Trey, Catherine Lansing’s son who should be his mortal enemy, a diabolical plan starts to unveil before Braden’s eyes. Young women are disappearing from Belle Dam, and as he investigates, Braden is forced to explore the dangerous unknown power within himself. But when the truth about his family is revealed, Braden must pay a terrible price.


Demon Eyes is the second book in the Witch Eyes series.  I was lucky enough to be given an ARC at a signing I went to back in June.  But since the release date wasn't until October, I decided to wait until a little bit later to read it.  The first book Witch Eyes was such a wild and enjoyable ride.  Demon Eyes was very much the same.  Warning there will be some spoilers from Witch Eyes in this review, so proceed with caution if you haven't read Witch Eyes yet.

At the end of Witch Eyes Braden has murdered Lucien.  The demon who had been playing both sides in the Lansing/Thorpe feud.  Majority of the book Braden is dealing with this.  I absolutely love this plot.  It's nice to read a book where a seemingly innocent character does something completely out of character.  But suffers the consequences of it.  Murder is something huge.  And yes Lucien was a demon, a very evil demon, but no person should be able to kill someone without backlash.  And as the book progresses you see how the guilt really affects Braden.

The forbidden love between Braden and Trey sucked me in again as well.  It's so hard to not love these two.  As with Witch Eyes, I've always loved the relationships in this series.  The dialogue is written really well.  It's very believable that high school students would communicate like this.  I also adore Braden's relationship with Drew as well.  Drew is hard to not love.  His sarcasm really can be uplifting at serious times.

The first half of the book I  really enjoyed.  I was kicking myself for waiting so long to read this book.  But as I kept reading, I started to get very confused.  I found myself numerous times having to go back and reread what I just read because I didn't comprehend what was going on.  I felt that the ending of the book was too long.  And it also left me with more questions than answers.  But I am still interested in Braden's story.  I want to see how this ends.  I am hoping that the next and I believe last book really ties things up.  Because I love the characters, and I would like to see how things end for them all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...