Oct 12, 2012

Daughters by Saga Berg Review

Daughters by Saga Berg
(Nordic Fairies, #4)
Release Date: September 29, 2012
Publisher: Saga Berg; 58 pages

In the forth part of Nordic Fairies, Svala and Viggo have the chance to get to know their daughter as a teenager, a relationship that is not without complications. Viggo and Svala try to keep their hands off each other, and Viggo struggles with the notion of his daughter growing up into a woman. The setting takes place back in New York in the 80’s.

Meanwhile, in present time, Freja’s daughter, Emma, starts Svala’s high school and both Viggo and Svala react to her odd behavior. Why is she acting so strange? And who is her father?



I love that I do not have to wait for the next installments of this series. Being that they are novellas probably makes it a little easier to get them out fast. Daughters was an interesting view into Svala and Viggo's world. Not only do we get to see Freja at different ages, but we also get introduced to Emma, Svala and Viggo's grand daughter, hence the title of the book :)

This was a novella was quite a bit different from the others, in dove into the lives of Svala and Viggo and how frustrating that it can be. I was still a bit lost, the story jumped around from different times and it was hard to keep up, since I was previously lost with the last one. Others may not get lost, but I tend to skip details, not knowingly when I read, so that's more then likely why I was lost, but it didn't distract me too much from what was going on. You can go back and figure out things to help better understand. From this book, I am not very fond of Emma, but by the ending I can understand why, and I think the next installment is going to be a lot darker.

I still have no figured out what Viggo is doing with Amanda, what his plan is or anything. I think it has to do with what had happened or been revealed in the last book, and I think a debt is owed, but for what reason, I am not sure. I am eagarly awaiting the next book to see how this story unfolds even more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...