Aug 18, 2012

Losing Lila Review by Sarah Alderson

Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson
Release Date: August 2, 2012
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster; 320 pages
Alex and Lila are on the run, desperately trying to stay one step ahead of the Unit, which is somehow tracking their every move. While Alex is determined to keep Lila safe and her ability secret at any cost, Lila's only thought is of finding a way back to California so she can rescue her brother and mother from the military base where they're being held. Struggling to control both her growing power and her deepening feelings for Alex, Lila decides the time has finally come to stop running and start fighting. Together with Alex, Demos, and the others she's come to think of as family, Lila plans not only to save her brother and mum, but also to completely destroy the Unit and everything it stands for. But the plan requires Lila to return to California alone, and to make friends with the enemy - and in doing so, she risks losing everything: Alex, her family… even her life


So, there's a lot of emotions running through my head at the moment. But we'll start from the beginning.

In the previous book (Hunting Lila) we find out Lila is a psy, we also find out that her brother, Jack, and his best friend, Alex, hunt the psys. Dun dun dunn. But wait, there's more.. Lila is in love with Alex. Moving on..

In Losing Lila, we're back with Lila and Alex who have made it to Mexico and we're straight bang into action, which I'm glad for.

First things first though, I have to admit that even though it was straight into action, I did find it hard to get into the first half of the story. I'm not sure what it was though, maybe because it was all about Alex and Lila and I'm like this huge Jack fan? Could be. Not that I don't like Alex and Lila's relationship, I do. I just have this fictional crush on Jack, that surprisingly, started and grew rapidly in this single book.

Okay, now let's get into the story now before I start raaving on about Jack. I don't want to spoil much about this book, but how wicked was it all, huh? There's so much going on that it's kind of overwhelming. There's The Unit who are forever searching for Alex and Lila, then there's Michael (Lila's father) arriving. We have all the psys doing their own magical powers, we're even introduced to a new psy, which I have to say is rather awesome. You kind of get used to everything that's going on though.

Sarah Alderson has created this amazing world with psys, hunters and even drug dealers. I'm in awe by it all. How does she do it?

Suki and Nate have to be the best secondary characters though. They're just so entertaining to read about and always full of life. The romance in this book was defiantly stronger now than it was, and I'm so glad they didn't have sex. I'm not sure if it's just me but when the main characters go all the way in such a short time, I feel like it ruins the relationship story. So I'm glad there were some limits.

There's so much new information going on though, boo to Sara. Yay for finding Lila's mother then we find out about Jack and I was just like 'Oh shit.' Honestly, I should've seen it coming, but I didn't. Damn me.

I'm 100% positive fans of the first book won't be disappointed with this installment, there were no dry ends, everything was written good and it all makes sense in the end. Also, reading the little Alex special was just an added bonus. It's entertaining that I spent the last half of the book in my own little world, blocking everyone out, as you do right? hahha!

Now, I'm not sure if there's going to be a third book, but if there's not, this one ended perfectly, if there is, woop woop for more of Jack... Lila and Alex of course, but woop, more of Jack.

Alright, I'm going to end this here because I'm obviously getting side-tracked by Jack.

Big ups for Sarah! (:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...