Aug 4, 2012

Endurance by Ann Aguirre Review

Endurance by Ann Aguirre
(Razorland, #1.5)
Release Date: July 20, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends; 73 pages
When rebellion destroys the underground world in which Thimble and Stone have grown up, they take Stone’s son and try to escape the chaos. Along the way, they must evade the Freaks, beings who feed on human flesh. Leaving behind the roles of Builder and Breeder which they were assigned at birth, they wander the underground tunnels, looking for safety yet afraid to go “topside” where legend has it that the light and water will burn their skin from their bones.

Their journey takes them upward to an unimagined world of tinned food, comfortable furniture, and books. Away from their regimented society for the first time, and still facing imminent danger, Thimble and Stone acknowledge the forbidden attraction which both have denied for years.


This novella gives me hope. I always liked Stone and Thimble and when we found in the first book that the enclave was destroyed and everyone was killed, I was heartbroken. To learn that Thimble, Stone and Boy23 (Stone's actual brat) escaped gives me hope. We don't know if they survived but we don't know that they hadn't. I really hope they cross path's with Deuce and Fade in Outpost or at least in Horde.

I am very excited for September now. Like extremely excited. I need Outpost. I didn't realize how much I missed these characters until devouring this novella.

Stone is a breeder, who is passionate, good looking and caring. He's forced to kill many times during Endurance and it's forever changed him to the core. He kills Freaks without any hesitation and because of him, they're able to surivive. He wouldn't have been able to do it with Thimble's brains and her careful planning for their survivol. They were brat-mates growing up, along with Deuce, and she has always loved him but it was never allowed since she was a builder. Only breeders were able to reproduce and it was only with other breeders who they were assigned. Doesn't sound like a fun life, does it?

I'm still squeeing after finishing. I was afraid this novella would make me depressed but it's actually done the complete opposite. I am smiling I am so happy for these two, or rather, these three. I am so happy because we only have one month until Outpost is out in stores and I am counting down, y'all!

This is a series I have fallen in love with. I totally devoured Enclave and have been eagerly anticipating this novella. Now I am tapping my fingers until September 4 when I can get my greedy hands on Outpost. Like the cover says, if you're a fan of Hunger Games, I do believe you'll like this series. The characters a great, the names are creative and fun, the action is intense as is the drama and the romance is swoon-worthy. If you have similar tastes to mine, I don't think you'd be disappointed at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...