Jul 7, 2012

Mana by Asher Tensei Review

Mana by Asher Tensei
(The Mana Saga, #1)
Release Date: September 7, 2012
Publisher: Malachite Quills Publishing; 340 pages

Eurich is thrown into what seems like an ill-fated destiny. After learning of his legendary magic, he is convinced that he alone must stop the impending doom, but nothing is ever as it seems. Best friends Jason and Raine try their best to help him save the world, ut help isn’t what he needs…he needs a way across the barrier.

Though not his choice, Eurich knows what’s going on. The world is headed towards Chaos and it’s because of a weakening barrier that hides Earth from a world that hasn’t been present in millennia.

The world is about to take a sharp turn for the worse. Extra moons are rising in the sky, panic is at an all-time high…and the worse thing about it is—there are no explanations.

Saving the world is just a step away…but is humanity worth him risking his own life?



There is an interesting story to how I came upon this book. So, I run another site, Support Indie Authors, because I just love indie authors and want to get them as much exposure as possible. Anyway one night I was searching twitter for more authors to add to my website, and that’s when I met Asher Tensei. We got to chatting and he asked me to check out his first chapter of his book on his website and asked me if I would like to be the first one to read and review his book. I was very touched and of course I said yes because I absolutely LOVED the first chapter. So here is my review.

For a debut novel, I have to say Asher hit it out of the park. I have read a lot of books where a lot of detail is missing. You can still imagine everything but it can be kind of vague. Not in this book. It is a gripping story from the get go and the details in this book make this an easy read and a very easy place to imagine in your head when you are reading. If magic isn’t your thing, it may not be as exciting for you, but if you do like magic, this is right up your alley.

We start off the book right away with meeting Eurich, the main character, and it doesn’t take long for Eurich to realize something very weird is going on. I have to say how quickly the magic comes to life in this book is pretty cool. I don’t like it when books drag on forever waiting for things to happen, that you already know are going to. Once all this magic stuff does start to happen though, if you are not a very attentive reader or you kind of read a bit on the faster side, my advice is to slow down. There is a LOT of detail thrown at you and if you are not paying attention you can get confused. This was my only “problem” with this book. I do love all the detail, but it can get very confusing if you are not paying attention.

There are a couple chapters that I talked to the author about and he had told me they were very important to keep in this book. I agree with him there, but these chapters are very detailed and long and take you away from the main story maybe a bit too long. I understand the importance of these chapters, so when you get there, hold on because they are important. These 2 things were the only reason I didn’t rate this book a 5/5. All the characters in this book were very real and well written. The story was one I haven’t ever read before and I was very glad to be introduced to this story.Overall this book was a fun ride, I was very weary about certain characters, but I kept wanting to read more to see what would happen. I am very happy that I was able to read this book and I cannot wait for the next book because the way this one ended, will leave you wanting more!!




As a bonus, here is a character I happily made for Asher Tensei's Mana's characters (approved by Asher as well)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...