Jun 30, 2012

Forbidden Blood by Kristen Painter Review

Forbidden Blood by Kristen Painter
(House of Comarré, #.5)
Release Date: May 15, 2012
Publisher: Orbit; 81 pages

Set in the world of the House of Comarré, Kristen Painter gives us a new novella about the price of freedom.

Maris's life as a comarré has come down to three options: escape her patron and spend the rest of her days looking over her shoulder, fight him for her freedom with the understanding it could mean her death or undergo dangerous experimentation to transform her blood into something even more powerful.

Before she can make a decision, she discovers the vampire who's been charged with sunproofing her blood isn't so fond of her patron either. In fact, Dominic is unlike any vampire she's ever met, but is she desperate enough to put her trust in another noble? Her heart says yes...


I thought this novella would help tie me over until Out for Blood comes out in October. I thought wrong. All this did was make me want it even more. Which is absolutely not a bad thing.

If you have NOT read the previous books in the House of Comarré series please read with caution. There are some spoilers that were unavoidable. Proceed with caution . . .

In Forbidden Blood we get a new look in to how Marissa (or Maris) and Dominic came to fall in love. It's actually a beautiful story. It's funny how similar mother and daughter truly are even though as Chrysabelle grew up she had no idea who her mother really was. As a Comarré both she and her mom fell in love with a vampire, which is unheard of. Both worthy vampires, in my eyes. I do believe after reading this though, I have a new view and respect for Dominic. I was always iffy regarding him but I can say I am no longer thinking the worst of him.

You knew, having read the other books, that Maris was strong but I had no idea how strong. This novella just shows you how strong and determined she was for her freedom. Though it wasn't just her freedom she had in mind.

Is it October yet because I really need more. This is a series I absolutely love and I can't believe we're over halfway through it. Just two more books and it's over; this makes me sad thinking about it.

I recommend this to anyone who has read Blood Rights, Flesh & Blood and Bad Blood. If you have no read these, then I do believe it's best you read them first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...