Apr 1, 2012

Book Review: Predestined by Abbi Glines

Predestined by Abbi Glines
(Existence, #2)
Release Date: April 3, 2012
Publisher: Abbi Glines; 125 pages

You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder.

The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited.

Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on.




When I finished Existence, I knew I couldn't wait for the next book and I knew from the ending of Existence ended, that Predestined was going to be an amazing book, and I was SO RIGHT! Abbi left us with a great but mean cliffhanger in Existence, but right away in Predestined, the story picks up right where it left off, not missing a beat.

If anything, I like Predestined more then Existence. Which is hard because I LOVE EXISTENCE!! This story is a lot darker then the first book, but it still has all the cool details about Dank aka Death and things that happen in the after life. which I must say is a very interesting way to look on Death and what could possible happen after we die. This book has Voodoo magic in it, which is a new world a lot and many people may not know about, but it adds that dark, sinister mood to the story. We start off with Pagan and Dank happy in love, but her ex-boyfriend Leif is missing, and Dank knows there is something more to Pagan's ex boyfriend then him simply disappearing. He knew Leif wasn't human, he had no soul, and that is where the Voodoo plays a part in this story. Pagan has all these dreams of her past, but she never remembered them before, and who was the blonde boy that was always there to help her when she needed it? You cannot put this book down!

I cried a lot in this book, and I won't spoil it for anyone, but it is so much more heartbreaking this time around, and it really REALLY makes you hate the evil Voodoo spirits and Leif Montgomery. But aside from the hate, you also feel the strong love between Pagan and Dank so much more in this book, and I LOVE that!! I do have to say though, at the end, even with being mad at Leif, he does seems to make up for it, but we shall see if we are done with Leif for good or not though. Speaking of the ending, Abbi has yet again left us with another awesome cliffhanger, and I have to say it makes me want it to be September so I can read Ceaseless. I love this story and I know you all will too!! If I could be in this world, I'd do it in a heart beat, this story makes me want to fall in love with Death too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...