Mar 5, 2012

Book Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight byJennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: January 2, 2012
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown; 256 pages

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.




Besides the fact that this is probably one of the longest book titles I've come across it was such a great, fun read! It took me only a few hours to tackle this book, which was refreshing. It was so good I couldn't put it down.

I don't read enough contemporary fiction books and I don't know why this is the case. The few that I have read, I've loved, especially this book. I fell in love with Oliver straight away. I really want to go to an airport now ;) He was charming, polite, good looking (from Hadley's description, at least), British, smart, and I could really keep going on and on here but I won't bore you.

I love Hadley. She seems so real. She's going through things that many people of all ages go through on a daily basis and she handles it the way I'd imagine most would handle it. Anger toward her father for leaving her and her mom for some stranger in England, also feeling abandoned, in a sense. I really was with her on not liking her father because I know I would be feeling the same way as her but that all changed when she talked to Oliver and he compared their fathers. I really liked the mix of Hadley meeting Oliver and both of their family issues, mainly with their parents.

It is really funny how you meet people places or ways you never expected to and how important they can become to you. I want to go back and read this book, maybe slow down some and take everything in. It was just too enjoyable, cute and fun not to speed right through it. I recommend this to anyone who wants a story about love at first sight that will make you laugh, maybe not cry but definitely feel sadness, and smile. It's a quick, fun read and I recommend it to anyone who is just looking to be entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...