Oct 18, 2011

Book Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
(Hush, Hush, #3)
Release Date: October 4, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster; 438 pages

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.




SILENCE was known to be the last HUSH, HUSH book until recently when Becca Fitzpatrick announced there will indeed be a fourth novel in the series! Because let’s face it, we could never have too much Patch, right?

We start off SILENCE with a grueling scene with Patch and Hank Miller. It’s pretty intense (scratch that, extremely intense, who am I kidding?) with Patch sacrificing something so big just to protect the girl he loves.

Patch is trying his best to protect Nora throughout the beginning half of SILENCE and he makes some pretty heavy sacrifices to do so, it’s heartbreaking. But that is love. The length you’ll go through to make sure the person you love is safe is everything and Patch proves this. His loyalty to Nora is heartwarming. Nora, even though she has amnesia knows this amazing looking guy with black eyes plays a big part in the five months she is trying to get back. Her determination is key and she never gives up.

This is definitely my favorite books of the series. And to find out there is more on the way absolutely makes me giddy with joy. Especially once Scott returned, I had a big smile on my face. I am the only Scott fan that I know of, so if there are more of you out there, please tell me. I feel so alone being so in love with Scott. I’ve loved Scott since CRESCENDO but now, after reading SILENCE, I adore him that much more.

Hank Miller is, well, to be frank – he’s an asshole. A bully, if you will. There are many times I want to strangle him, but of course, impossible, seeing as he’s immortal. But still, just to try to ring his neck, it would help with my frustrations of him. Don’t tell you me you didn’t think about doing it either! Vee. I adore Vee. I feel bad for her in SILENCE, so against boys and yet she really doesn’t know why. Poor Vee; to have that amount of anger and not know why. Marcie, where to begin; she’s the still the same Marcie we’ve come to know from HUSH, HUSH and CRESCENDO the only difference is you learn to feel sorry for her. I will not say why, you have to read the book to find out why!

If you’re a fan of angels, fallen angels, Nephilim – then this is your series. Make sure to start at the beginning but I definitely recommend it anyone interested in those. Or if you’re just a fan of YA paranormal romance, pick up this series. I doubt you’ll be disappointed. Becca Fitzpatrick will make you fall in love with these characters, this story and this world. Consider it a vacation!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...