Oct 19, 2011

Book Review: Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz
Release Date: April 19, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse; 269 pages

Across four sun-kissed, drama-drenched summers at his family’s beach house, Chase is falling in love, falling in lust, and trying to keep his life from falling apart. But some girls are addictive....

Not your typical beach read.




Man, I love her writing. She keeps it real. I also love how her books are written from a guys POV when most books I've read this year are from girls. It's refreshing...cause girls can be annoying. And really, the way her characters talk are the way 95% of teenagers truly talk. Shitdamn.

Now about Invincible Summer, it was really interesting. The books spans over 4 summers starting with Chase's 15th Summer and ending with his 18th Summer. He and his family go through hell and back, its rather sad. But he always manages to have an amazing relationship with his older brother, Noah. The relationship they have actually makes me jealous. I'm one of 4 children and I don't have a relationship that strong with any of my siblings.

If you don't like people cussing, then this isn't the book or author for you. But that would only apply to about 5% of people, right? But I definitely recommend this book to all of my friends (and anyone, really).

On a side note, I love being from Maryland because I know of a lot of what's talked about in here. The locations, Jolly Rogers and just, everything. Maryland really isn't a popular location for books.

*highlight to view spoiler* I'm still rooting for Bella and Chase, btw *spoiler*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...