Feb 5, 2017

Hello 2017

Hi everyone. It's been awhile, hasn't it? I said that 2016 was going to be a new year where the blog would be more active but it didn't happen. I tried but I struggled reading last year. I only read 32 books or something ridiculous. I didn't even reach my goodreads goal and I had lowered it THREE times already. THREE. That's very unlike me.

I'm determined to change that in 2017. I have a new job, which I'm still adjusting to the new schedule. For many years, I worked until 1am, 2am, 3am or even later. Now, I'm working 830am until 530am and it's an adjustment. It also makes me feel like I don't have as much free time as I used to and I get tired faster because of waking up early.

However, for the first time in what feels like FOREVER I read FIVE books in one week. Then, I proceeded to read another book in less than 24 hours (along with a day of work). I'm feeling good. I have some books I'm ready to review.

I want to see my co-bloggers become more active, too but I can't force their hands. I can only control myself and I'm determined to make 2017 a better year, reading wise.

While I don't have as much passion behind blogging as I once did (I blame that on a lot of drama that I've witnessed) I don't think it'll ever take the joy of reading away from me. I love escaping reality and submerging myself in to a world that's not real. It's probably why I steer away from contemporary so often, because that world is the world I see every day; why do I want to read about it? I don't. It's depressing enough. Let me escape.

That being said - what have you read so far this year that you wish everyone else would pick up? For me, it's the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova and Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer (these are the books I read in a week and less than 24 hours, respectively).

What are you currently reading right now? What was the best book you read in 2016 (I'm still bummed I missed the end of the year countdown with Two Chicks on Books - I was having blog issues or I would've participated).

Thanks for sticking around. I appreciate it and I hope we can talk about a lot of books this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...