Jan 13, 2013

Rapture by Lauren Kate Review

Rapture by Lauren Kate
(Fallen, # 4)
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Books; 432 pages
The sky is dark with wings . . . .  Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

 Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

 For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

 In the fight for Luce, who will win?

 The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.



I just want to start out by saying it took me awhile to read this book.  But not because it wasn't good.  It was because I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters.  For me that characters really make a book.  If there isn't a single character that intrigues me while reading a book, I will get bored.  The love story of Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori will definitely stick with me.  I have laughed with them.  I have cried for them.  And I have prayed for them.

Warning there will be slight spoilers from the previous books in the Fallen series, so if you haven't read them proceed with caution.  That being said, Rapture is the fourth and final book in the Fallen series.  It is the ending of Luce and Daniel's story.  After several millenia of the angel Daniel, finding Luce and falling in love with her over and over again, only for Luce to die each time this is their final story.  As I was reading this book, it really did feel like it was the end.  Which I think is a very good thing for a series.  There's nothing like finishing a series, and feeling like the author could write more.  It makes for the reader to feel that the story was incomplete.  I feel that with Rapture, the Fallen series was definitely completed.

Rapture picks up right where the third book Passion ended.  The angels are trying to stop Lucifer from resetting time, and are on a journey to remember where the original "Fall" took place.  From the beginning I enjoyed the pacing of this book.  In fact this book didn't really feel like it was over 400 pages long.  That's a good thing, because no likes a book to drag.  Along the way there is bit of a reflection from the other books.  There are mentions of Luce at Sword & Cross from the first book, and at Shoreline from the second book.  It's very interesting to see the changes and character growth from each book.

But I must say it's the ending of this book that really got to me.  I honestly think this ending was perfect.  I love that the title of the last chapter of Rapture is the same title as the first chapter in the first book of the series, Fallen.  In fact, through out all the books there has been a lot of foreshadowing.  And loved how everything fell together in the end.  I couldn't think of a better way to end this series.


1 comment:

  1. I agree...the characters were easy to become attached to and the ending was just right for this series. Excellent review! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...