Nov 15, 2012

How To Break Up With An Alien by Magan Vernon Review

How To Break Up With An Alien by Magan Vernon
(My Alien Romance, #2)
Release Date: May 15, 2012
Publisher: Calta Press; 272 pages
Face it, long distance relationships in high school are hard, especially when the other one in the relationship is an alien. Alex Bianchi may have survived an intergalactic battle, but that still doesn’t excuse her from her senior year of high school, or qualify her for any sort of scholarship. To make up for college tuition costs, she takes a job at a local coffee shop. If only coffee could solve all of her problems.

As Alex’s senior year progresses, everything changes and she can’t figure out if it is interstellar or if it is just time to break up with an alien.


Let's be honest, who wants to read a book with the words 'break up' in the title, right? One of the reasons I put it off for as long as I have. Even with the reassurance from the author that it's not as bad as the title makes it to be. Even with me knowing what the title for the third and final book is going to be. I just didn't want to go through a break up. I really like Alex and Ace together so I just couldn't put myself through it. But with the release slowly creeping up on me for the final book I realized I'm going to have to read this at some point in time if I wanna read the next book. So I sucked it up and I read it. You know what? It wasn't really, really cute. Yes, you read that correctly. Frustrating at times but it ended up being cute. By golly, the author was right! ;)

Alex is back home and starting her senior year of school. Ace is busy trying to maintain peace between his kind and humans and most of the times shows up late to Alex's house. He's supposed to show up in her bedroom at ten and a lot of times isn't there until two. Not good for a girl who has to get up for school early in the mornings. Between this and the fact that Alex makes a new friend starts causing some stress on their relationship. Then you add in a long time crush, Brody to the mix and things because really messy. Especially when Alex starts having romantic dreams about Brody and he suddenly becomes very single and very interested.

Ace is very mysterious. I can certainly understand why Alex was hesitant to believe him at times. Especially when you have people spewing nonsense in your ear. Doubt can be one of a persons biggest downfalls. Doubt makes you do stupid things. However, Ace is powerful and has responsibilities, ones he needs to tend to, right? He is the prince, after all!

I recommend this series if you're looking for a cute, fun series to fall in love with. The main character is pretty awesome (and a bit nerdy, which who can't relate to that?) and the love interest is sexy as hell. Plus, he's a super tall alien Prince...I mean, hello?!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...