Nov 17, 2012

Angelfall by Susan Ee Review

Angelfall by Susan Ee
(Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
Release Date: February 14, 2012
Publisher: Feral Dream; 254 pages
It’s been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco where she’ll risk everything to rescue her sister and he’ll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.


There are only a small handful of books that I can read over and over again, and never get sick of them. This, is definitely one of those books.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of the angel genre when it comes to books. After reading Angelfall for the second time I've become obsessed with the world that Susan Ee created.

It's set in the future where angels have taken over leaving humans in fear of their own lives.

Penryn is the main character. She has a bad ass attitude about her and she's very easy to relate to.

After watching her sister, Paige get kidnapped by an angel, Penryn is stuck with the company of archangel, Raffe to help her. She uses the fact that his wings have been removed to blackmail him into helping her, does it work? Kind of.

I fell in love with Raffe from the beginning. How could you not be in love with him?

We're taken through the journey of Penryn and Raffe as they survive many obstacles as they head to the aerie which is located in San Francisco. Even though, there wasn't much romance in this book, I love the thought of Penryn and Raffe being together and I hope something happens in the next book. Fingers and toes crossed.

I have to mention 3 other characters that I adored. Dee-Dum, the twins, I know we didn't see much of them together but they came off as protective brothers. I love their humor and they both helped Penryn. The other character I loved was Penryn's sister, another character we didn't see much of until the end. You could tell she loved Penryn and would do anything for her. I'm really excited to see if their roles will be bigger in the up-coming books. It would be great to see what happens.

I'm excited for this series and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment.




3 comments:

  1. Great review! Like you, I'm careful and a bit wary around angel books but I always thought this one sounded really promising. I'm actually glad to hear it doesn't go too heavy on the romance bit. Definitely moving it up on the TBR list after reading your review :)
    If you like the thought of angels being the bad guys, you should give L.A. Weatherly's series a try! The fist book is called Angel in the UK and Angel Burn in the US, and it's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that! You won't be disappointed.

      I'll check out the Weatherly series. Thanks for the recommendation! (:

      - Krystol

      Delete
  2. This sounds like an amazing read and I have it sitting in my kindle. I
    can't believe I have yet to read this!!! What is wrong with me?? lol
    thanks for the great review!

    Maycee Greene (Fishing Lodge Alaska)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...