Sep 4, 2012

A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies Review

A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies
(A Beautiful Dark, #2)
Release Date: September 25, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen; 352 pages
When she wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, Skye knows something terrible has happened to her. But it's not until she hears Asher, the dark, rebellious angel she fell in love with, that the memories come flooding back. She tries to put the past behind her, but she knows she'll be forever haunted by the ruthless betrayal that almost took her life.

Skye returns home, but with the knowledge of who she really is, nothing can ever be the same. As she tests the limits of her newfound powers, Skye discovers that she's capable of far more than anyone could have imagined. Both the Order and the Rebellion want her for their side as war between the factions looms. She can't forget the terrifying truth she now knows about the Order, but something holds her back from embracing the Rebellion.


I fell in love with A Beautiful Dark, I truly did. I needed this second book, especially with that killer cliffhanger! Not just did I love the story about angels but I absolutely loved the characters and the ultimate approaching battle between good versus evil.

I am so happy with the second book, like really excited. The third book is going to be full of epic, it really is. Skye truly grows up in A Fractured Light. She grows in to her destiny and I knew where she was going all along. I didn't, however, see how things would turn out with the love triangle and I still don't. I, personally, am completely and totally on Team Devin. 

I don't want to give away the obvious but you had to know after you finished A Beautiful Dark that it's impossible for the series to continue if she died so you just know she'll survive. So it really shouldn't be a spoiler or anything, especially given the summary! Because of Asher being the one to save her, they become extremely close and Devin hardly crosses her mind because really, her main focus is getting control of her dark elements. There's the problem of her light elements popping up, too...which continues the battle of will she choose the Guardians or the Rebels?

I don't know how much I can really say without spoiling a lot of things so this will be a rather vague review. Just know that I really enjoyed it, loved it to bits a pieces (even if it seemed slow to me but then again, this is probably because I am not an Asher girl). There are things that happen (closer to the end) that I didn't see coming. Things I'm assuming are coming in the third book and I can't wait to see if they're true. Oh man, I so hope they're true.

*highlight to view spoiler* OH MY GOSH! I love Devin, I do. Sure, he tried to kill her at the end of A Beautiful Dark but hello! He didn't want to do that. He was following orders from the Order. Guilt was eating away at him and dammit, he truly loves her. The one kiss they shared in this book was super hot & way too short. But they never did dance ;) and I do believe we'll see that in the next book. Plus, when she could vision her perfect Prom but she couldn't vision who she was going toward (to dance with)...I mean...hello!!! *crosses fingers* The fact that Devin chose to fall rather than die...I'm not sure how I feel about that. Though, this means he doesn't have to follow rules, per say...I'm hoping it's possible for him to join Skye's allegiance. The silver winged angels...oh man!!! *end spoiler*







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...