Jun 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - June 19


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. It is a weekly meme of book related lists. I'm not sure we'll be doing this every week but I said the list for this week and knew I had to put my list out there!

It's time for another of those Top Ten Seasonal Lists, this time we're talking books you have on your Summer TBR lists! I decided to go along with the host and choose books that are coming out between June 21 - September 20!





Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - I stood in line for nearly an hour at BEA for this book. It's next up on my TBR pile and I cannot wait! My friend Stacey just finished it and said she was incredibly thankful to have a book like Throne of Glass actually live up to all it's hype which makes me even more excited to start reading it. This book comes out August 7, 2012 and I believe it's one you'll definitely want to be reading!




Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Have you read Obsidian? If you answered no, then what are you waiting for? It's an amazing story, hilarious characters and a total drool worthy love interest. If you have read Obsidian than you're as anxious as I am to read more of Katy's story and see how big of an asshole Daemon can be! Onyx hits stores on August 14, 2012 and it's absolutely one I plan on taking to the beach with me!



Outpost by Ann Aguirre - I fell in love with Enclave and I was so disappointed that I had to wait over a year until the next installment but guess what? It's almost here. So close I can nearly taste it. I am craving more of Deuce and Fade as well as some freaks. Yes, I said freaks. Outpost is out on shelves September 4, 2012.




Toxic by Jus Accardo - It's becoming a trend, isn't it? Hot, drool-worthy love interests? Yeah, I have a thing for the guys being so...yummy. This next one is no exception - Kale. He made me feel sorry for him so many times in Touch because of how innocent he is. His innocence is something that sets him apart from any other 'hottie' I've read in other series. Not to mention how this story has a X-Men type vibe to it which totally excites me. Save the date, September 11, 2012.




Crown of Embers by Rae Carson - This is probably a book on most everyone's list, is it not? The Girl of Fire and Thorns was something unique and different and well - we're all dying to see where this story continues. I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on this book...I need more Hector. I fell in love with him the moment he was introduced. Have I also mentioned how much I love these covers? No - well there you are...I LOVE THESE COVERS. Crown of Embers will in my hands September 18, 2012.




Ten by Gretchen McNeil - Gretchen McNeil is awesome. I'm just throwing that out there. I had the opportunity to meet her at BEA (and get a copy of this book) and she made one of these best impressions on me. Unfortunately, I haven't read her other book, Possess but if I enjoy Ten (which I'm hoping I will), I definitely will be ordering myself a copy! A serial killer has some serious competition with Crown of Embers as this is also released on September 18, 2012.




Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake - Anna Dressed in Blood was one of those books that stuck with me for a very long time after putting it down. It makes me crave Girl of Nightmares even more... Ghost books were never high on my list until I met Anna. Wow. I also love how it's written from Cas' point of view (who is a boy, in case you were wondering). Time to get cozy with ghosts on August 7, 2012!




Defiance by C.J. Redwine - I'm going to be honest, I'm don't know what this is really about. I haven't really read the description but I do that with a lot of books I read. I've heard this is a good read and it's been recommended to me and frankly, that's all I need. Sometimes I feel the book description spoils the book for you so I like to be surprised.  August 28, 2012 is when this is out!




What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang - This is one of those books I missed out on at BEA, which I'm sadden by. It was one my friend Heidi told me I didn't want to miss, which sucks even more. Thankfully I only have to wait a few months to get to read this. (September 18, 2012 to be exact - it's going to be a busy reading day) And have you seen this cover? It's so awesome!




Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr - My friend Stacey is so disappointed in me. I've never read anything by Melissa Marr, who is her favorite author. She made me wait in line with her to meet Melissa and I swear, she shook her head at me so much during that time. This is going to be my first book by her that I would have read but that's OK - her other series IS on my wishlist, though. They did some really cool promotion of this at BEA and the cover just looks amazing. Let's go to the carnival on September 4, 2012! ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Amazing list & I want to read all of these, too, especially Girl of Nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh so many books on this list that I want to read also - like The Crown of Embers! Hope you get to all these books and enjoy them all :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. You just made my other Top 10 TBR pile ;) Awesome list! I'm definitely looking forward to Defiance and Onyx :D

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God! this is an amazing list!! So much amazing books you're going to read.
    Hope you enjoy them all. And happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, doesn't Ten sound intriguing? I guess I'm gonna hide under my sheets and not be able to sleep for days after reading it!
    If you want to see my Summer TBR, you can find it here:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...