Jun 11, 2012

Mailbox Monday #6



Mailbox Mondays was originated by Marcia @ A Girl & Her Books. This month it is currently hosted at Burton Book Review. You can check out all the blogs it'll be hosted at for the rest of 2012 here!


BEA Edition

So normally we switch weeks for our 'weekly memes' and this week is meant to be Saleana's day. She hasn't bought any books over the past month so therefore, she's given me the floor. I figured, since I attended BEA this past week, why not do a Mailbox Monday post dedicated just to the amazing books I picked up while there! So enjoy, some will be with pictures but most will not (it would be an incredibly LONG post if I did them all).




A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies

This was high up on my list. I loved A Beautiful Dark and couldn't wait to read this! Bonus, I got to meet Jocelyn!

False Memory by Dan Krokos

This has gotten a lot of buzz and I know it was a very in demand book for BEA go-ers. Not only did I get this, but I got to meet Dan!

Beta by Rachel Cohn

I've had my eye on this for awhile, I mean - look at the cover! So pretty! Also, I got to meet the author, Rachel!

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas  

The line for this was r.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s. I'm so glad I got there early to meet Sarah and get a copy of this book! Can't wait to read it!


Eternally Yours by Cate Tiernan

I have the previous two books and I want to read them! Now I can read all three right in a row! 

Venom by Fiona Paul

One of the falls Breathless Reads author's and I'm so glad I got this book! It seemed like some people I know had some trouble getting their hands on one!

Black City by Elizabeth Richards

On Thursday, this book went like wildfire. I don't think I've seen so many books disappear as quickly as this had.

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes   

The cover looks AMAZING and I'm just very interested in reading this from another Breathless Reads fall author!


Crewel by Gennifer Albin

She was on a panel I was at for Teen Author Fesitval and she was just all sorts of awesome. She had a signing the next day so I totally went. The cover is breathtaking and it's a book I've had on my amazon list for awhile!

Ten by Gretchen McNeil 

I felt bad, they actually had to turn people away from her line because they ran out of books! I'm so glad I got one, it's different from what I normally read but it looks awesome. I also met her and she totally made such a great impression on me!

Glass Heart by Amy Garvey

Really enjoyed the first book, Cold Kiss, so I had to get my hands on this! Also, I got to see Amy again!

Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin   

I really enjoyed All The Things I've Done (I really need to review this for the site, still) so when I saw she was going to be there with the second book, I was there. She was SUPER nice and I can't wait to read this!


The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

I'm a huge Maggie fan so of course I had to get myself a copy of this! I can't wait to read it!

Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr

I'm ashamed to say I've never read any of Melissa's work, I've wanted to but there's just so many books I've wanted to read, it's hard. I stood in line with my friend Stacey and also got to meet her. This book does look amazing so I'm glad I got this. (I also got a t-shirt which is awesome)

Prodigy by Marie Lu

This was #1 on my MUST HAVE list. I LOVED Legend and I couldn't wait to read more. So glad I was able to get this and also stand in line to meet Marie again.

Other books I got:

The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison
Bzrk by Michael Grant
The Land of Stories: The Wishing Well by Chris Colfer
Surviving High School by M. Doty
Schroder by Amity Gaige
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
City of Women by David R. Gillham
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Croak by Gina Damico
The False Prince by Jennifer E. Nielson
Hourglass by Myra McEntyre
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
Beautiful Disaster by Laura Spinella
The Innocents by Lili Peloquin
The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver
Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart by Leanna Renee Hieber
Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin
Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
Zoo by James Patterson
Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill
Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver
Keeper of Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
Dark Lord by Jamie Thomson
The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson
Breed by Chase Novak
A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner
Skinny by Donna Cooner
Feedback by Robison Wells
Zom-B by Darren Shan
The Lost Prince by Seldon Edwards
Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay
Partials by Dan Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...