Jun 4, 2012

Mailbox Monday #5



Mailbox Mondays was originated by Marcia @ A Girl & Her Books. This month it is currently hosted at Alternative Read. You can check out all the blogs it'll be hosted at for the rest of 2012 here!



Taken by Storm by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

First, this cover is SO AMAZING in person. So pretty (and shiny). Second, this CANNOT be the last book. I will be so disappointed if there's not, at least, one more...

The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Córdova

I was bummed when her release party was the same day as Veronica Roth's in NYC. I wanted to go to both, however, I'll be meeting her while up in NYC for BEA so yay! I'm VERY excited about this book - and look at that cover!

City of Lose Souls by Cassandra Clare

I read this. Yeah, I did. Not gonna lie, first two hundred pages bored me to death. It got better after that. Thank god for Simon and Magnus...they were the book for me.

Wrecked by Anna Davies   

I've been interested in this for awhile so when it came up, I snatched it up. I see the ratings on goodreads aren't all that great however, I'm not gonna let that stop me from wanting to read this!


The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda

I bought this the day it came out and I can't believe I haven't read it yet. I really want to...I must get to it soooooooooon!

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

The amazingly awesome Jodi Meadows actually recommended this to me. If Jodi recommends a book, I'm going to read it. (Plus, she listened to me and read a book I told her to read, only fair, right?)

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

This has been on my wishlist for awhile. What pushed me over the edge to buy it? The author, Victoria, will be at two signings in NYC during BEA week that I'm attending. I'll get her to sign it then I'll read it. Win/win

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld   

A friend recommended this to me. I wasn't going to buy it but when I was at Books-A-Million, it was on clearance. Can't pass up a hardcover book for $7, now can we?


How To Break Up With An Alien by Magan Vernon

I LOVED the first book. It was so fun, cute and sucked me right in. I first heard the title of her second book and I cringed (really, I wanted to cry). I want to read this but the title scares me........

Forbidden Blood by Kristen Painter

I am a HUGE fan of her House of Comarre series. This is novella that takes place before the first book. It'll have to hold me over until Out for Blood comes out. *le sigh*

Velveteen by Daniel Marks

I am really on the fence about this. I want to read this book soooooo bad buuuuuut it doesn't come out until October. So, if I read it now it'll be even longer of a wait until the second book. But it's sitting there, on my kindle, tempting me...oh, so tempting... (btw, this is a netgalley arc)

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu   

This cover is so pretty and so appealing. Plus, the story seems like something I'd enjoy. I just got approved for this on netgalley so I'm excited to get to read and review it!


What A Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

I actually heard about this book by Kelley York tweeting about it (while she was reading it, I believe). I am a fan of Kelley's and she reads some pretty interesting books, so I decided to buy this for my kindle to check it out!

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

If you look at our sidebar or were here last week when I had our blog post for 30 Days of Daemon, you'd know I'm a HUGE fan of this series. I was sent this book (via netgalley) by the Publisher to read and review (closer to publication which is August). I may have to read it this month, write my review and just save it until August. I need a Daemon fix, hardcore...

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

A lot of authors I'm fans of have been raving about this book. I got this via netgalley and it's the book I'm currently reading now...soon you'll be able to know what I think when I post my review!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...