Apr 7, 2012

Book Review: Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout
(Lux, #.5)
Release Date: February 21, 2012
Publisher: Entangled; 179 pages

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.




It was hard reading this book. For someone whose read OBSIDIAN, we knew how this book was going to end but we must love torturing ourselves, because I still couldn't wait to read it. So please, if you have no read OBSIDIAN, read with caution. . .

I thought I fell in love with Daemon when reading OBSIDIAN but let me tell you, Dawson absolutely stole my heart. What a charmer! Of course he's good looking, he's identical to Daemon so we don't have to talk so much about looks because all of us fans are swooning over those unrealistic green eyes. But Dawson has a way with words that Daemon certainly lacks. I also adored Bethany, like a lot. Her and Dawson were so perfect for each other it hurt.

*highlight to view spoiler* Knowing Dawson and Bethany both end up dead makes it tough to read this book. You don't want to get attached to characters to see them get slaughtered, you know? But, that being said, I'm glad Jennifer did write this novella. As sad as it was seeing Dawson killed, I'm glad I got to know him. I'm glad I got to see how different he from Daemon and yet, how similiar they really are. I'm glad I got to see the love that Dee, Daemon and Dawson shared. Something like what they have is simply rare. *spoiler*

I think you could definitely read SHADOWS before OBSIDIAN. I actually probably would recommend it because you won't know the end of the story going in to it. It might make the experience different. However, whether you choose to read this or OBSIDIAN first, read them both. Amazing, simply amazing. I cannot wait until ONYX comes out so I can indulge on some more sexy aliens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...