Apr 29, 2012

Book Review: Endure by Carrie Jones

Endure by Carrie Jones
(Need, #4)
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury; 260 pages

It’s all-out war (and no-holds-barred romance) in the climactic conclusion to Carrie Jones’s bestselling series.

Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends; she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king . . .

Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers.


If you have NOT read NEED, CAPTIVATE OR ENTICE please read with caution. There are some spoilers that were unavoidable. Proceed with caution . . .

I, personally, loved this series and I'm suffering from too many emotions. I am sad this series is over. I mean, obviously it shouldn't be dragged out but these characters are just so fabulous that you can't help but not want it to end.

Zara has grown up soooooo much since the beginning of this series. She's so strong, brave, smart and one hell of a leader. If you think she's been through a lot in previous books, you have no idea. She goes through so much in this one book. Every time she does something, it's not for herself, it's to save the world. She's turned in to such a selfless person. Such a change even from ENTICE when I found her to be too selfish, trying to save Nick because she couldn't be without him.

Speaking of Nick, he's so bitter in the beginning of the book. Actually, for a good half of the book. He's so torn. You can tell he loves Zara but he can't accept what she's become. It's heartbreaking and frustrating, even as a girl who completely is in love with Astley (by that, I mean me not Zara). You just want to slap him and tell him she's the same person on the inside but he believes pixies have no souls. So with no soul, there's no Zara. If only he'd open his eyes he'd see how wrong he truly is. Question is, when he finally does open his eyes, is it too late for him?

This book is all about Zara & company trying to stop the apocalypse. Sure, that's been the point for most of the books but this is the book that decides whether or not they're successful. I can say there will be a huge battle and lives will be lost. Whose lives, you ask? Well, do you really think I'd just come out and tell you? No. You'll need to read the book to see if your favorites survive.

If you're a fan of this series, like I am, you definitely need to read this! It's bittersweet. I've been waiting for ENDURE but now it's over and it's sad. But alas, this is how I am with every series I love that ends. But definitely read this...and hopefully you end up happy at the end. I know I did.

*highlight to view spoiler* First off, you had me, Carrie Jones. I thought Astley betrayed them. I was so hurt, furious, heartbroken...gosh, so many emotions all at once. I couldn't believe he'd do something like that. And dammit, I wish I went with my gut on that because I was right. He wouldn't. He does love Zara.

I am super super SUPER happy they ended up together. Like SUPER happy! They are so cute. So thank you. This book was a roller coaster ride, for sure. But by the time we got off, we were happy and wanted to do it all over again. This is definitely a series I'd see myself re-reading at least once, if not more!*spoiler*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...